Monday, January 17, 2011

A Quick Introduction...

To the Parents and Students of Mrs. Pickford’s 7th Grade Class:

            I felt it was important to reach out to all of you and introduce myself. My name is Nina Cowley and I am going to be the leave replacement teacher for Mrs. Pickford’s 7th grade classes during her pregnancy leave.

            I graduated from SUNY Stony Brook with a BA in English, focusing on secondary education. I have experience teaching high school English inclusion classes at Lindenhurst High School, as well as substitute teaching experience for the Half Hollow Hills School District.

I want all of you to rest assure in that I will maintain the same curriculum and tone of Mrs. Pickford’s class. I understand that she is a respected and creative teacher. I plan on keeping that energy and joy she brings to the classroom alive and thriving.

For some students transitioning between teachers can be a struggle. I hope that together we will be able to work through this quickly and easily. In order for all of us to stay on the same page, I have started a blog site where I will be posting homework and upcoming assignments for each class. You, as well as your child, will have access to this website. The address is ncowleypmschools.blogspot.com.

Also, if you have any questions or concerns (or would just like to say “Hello!”) please feel free to contact me at any time. My email is Ncowleypmschools@gmail.com.
           

                                                                                               
Very truly yours,

Ms. Nina Cowley